Loyal Heights Elementary
School Counseling Program
Welcome to the Comprehensive School Counseling Program (CSCP) website at Loyal Heights Elementary School! I’m excited to be at LHE, and to be part of this community. If you have any questions about our counseling services and programming, please contact me by email at email@example.com.
School Counselor, M.Ed.
Our Comprehensive School Counseling Program is aligned with the standards of the American School Counselor Association National Model. The following services and programs are provided:
1. Whole Classroom Guidance Lessons: The purpose of classroom guidance lessons are to teach social-emotional learning skills to all students in the classroom setting. Students are participating in the following social-emotional learning programs:
- Kindergarten: Roots of Empathy is an evidence-based classroom program that has shown a significant effect in reducing levels of aggression among school children while raising social/emotional competence and increasing empathy.
2. Small Group Counseling: The purpose of small groups are to expand, enrich,
and increase specific social skills in such areas as: friendship, self-regulation, communication, conflict resolution, emotional-regulation, etc.
3. Individual Counseling: Brief Individual counseling is also available to students on an as-needed basis or regular check-in basis to enhance specific skill areas. (All grade levels)
- Community resource referrals
- Crisis intervention and support
- Family support and consultation
- Lunch and recess supervision
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) team member
- Peer mediation and conflict resolution
- Race & Equity Team
- RULER (Regulating, Understanding, Labeling, Expressing and Regulating emotions) Team. We are continuing to implement this social-emotional literacy-based approach school wide. Read more about RULER on the Seattle Public School’s page.
- Student Council
- Staff support and consultation
If you are in need of immediate assistance, please use the following resources:
Crisis Line: 206-461-3222
Child Protective/Family Reconciliation Services:
Other Types of Assistance Such as Food, Shelter, Clothing, and Healthcare:
Dial: 211 or 206-461-3200